“Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding.” Proverbs 3:13
Love seeks to understand.
What is wisdom?
: the ability to think and act using knowledge, experience, common sense, insight, and understanding.
: unbiased judgment
: knowledge, and the capacity to make due use of it.
What is understanding?
: sympathetically aware of other people’s feelings
: having insight or good judgment
The challenge today is to seek to understand ME better.
No one is simple.
We are all complicated beings.
With thoughts, ideas, hopes, fears, dreams, and a whole host of emotions thrown in.
But re-reading the definition of “understanding”:
- I need to comprehend ME, what makes me think and feel the way I do.
- I need to pay attention to my feelings, what makes me smile? What makes me cry? What makes me angry? What makes me feel relaxed?
- I need to be more tolerant of my own shortcomings and failures, not in the way of making excuses ... but in realizing that I am but dust, I am only human.
- I need to be more forgiving of myself when I stumble or fall, when I open my big mouth, or when my feelings get all out of sorts.
- I need to exercise good judgment in where I go, what I do, who I am with.
Why do I say the things I do?
Why do I feel what I feel?
Yes, this is very introspective, and it requires some uncomfortable time.
But I need this.
Lord, You alone know how complicated I really am.
You understand me completely.
You can help me to understand myself.
I don’t ever want to lean on my own understanding
But I do want to “get” me more.
Like Rick did.
He didn’t always agree with me, but he could (and did) explain why I did or said certain things.
I ask You for that understanding.
And for the wisdom to do better. To be better.
In Jesus’ Name I ask
Thank You God
I love You
Life goes on -
Website designed & developed by Margaret McCoy
God is God over the storms in my life & world -
and I am His.
Trusting in Him. Holding to His Promises as He holds me.
Learning to laugh, to love, & to live ... again - without Rick, but with God
Life goes on ... even when we don't want it to.
Great grief is indicative of a great Love.
Rick, my Sweetheart.
Margaret, his Beloved.
Always & Forever.