- I believe the Bible to be the inspired, authoritative Word of God. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)
- I believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 28:19)
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- I believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). It is a time of repentance, a turning away, from your sin & a turning to the Lord.
- I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)
- I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- I believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- I believe that God is God, and should not be judged by the actions and behavior of "His children, His church". We are “hooman”, He is God.
I know 2 things, without question or arguing.
1. There is a God.
2. I am not Him.
I have a few personal convictions as well:
- I am more than the mistakes I have made, or will ever make.
- God is the Forever Faithful One, even when I have failed and fallen.
- Before God called me as His, He was already prepared for my stupidity.
- God is secure in knowing that He is God, and that I am but a "hooman".
- My shortcomings & failures do not threaten God in Who He is.
- God is our loving Abba Father.
- God sings over us, quieting us with His love.
- His arms of Love & Amazing Grace ache to hold us close.
- His hands of Mercy cover us, shielding us and protecting us.
- Jesus is my Great Defender.
- Jesus did all He did because He loves the Father.
- The Father sent Jesus to do all He did because He loves me.
- I am not to be defined by my missteps nor my mistakes.
- I will not cower down because someone else refuses to let my past go.
- God has taken all my "junk" and cast it into the depths of His Sea of Forgetfulness, as far from me as the east is from the west.
- God has called me.
- God has rescued me.
- God has redeemed me.
- God has renewed me.
- God has restored me.
- I am HIS. No holding back, no taking back.
- Third Day sings a song that has become my mantra: Trust in Jesus.
And I know this:
- We do not have to live a life that is filled with guilt, shame & regret.
- We are so much MORE than a bad choice, a poor response, a rebellious moment.
- We are MORE than all our failures and mistakes rolled into one big lump of goo.
- We are LOVED beyond what we can understand or comprehend.
- We are all sinners, yes.
- We are all in desperate need of a Saviour - Jesus, absolutely!
- Once we come to Him, confess our sins, acknowledge Him as the only One Who came, died and lives again for US -
- We are born again.
- "Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun." (2 Corinthians 5:17)
No matter how good, or how bad, your life has been ... or is -
God loves you, and wants you to enjoy a life of walking and talking with Him.
Being a Christian does NOT make you have a perfect, unfettered life.
Being a Christian does make you have the power of the most Merciful God at your disposal.
Being a Christian means that the God of Angel Armies is always by your side!