Do you think you can miss a person, a place, or a time ...
And yet, not want it again?
Warning. Rant ahead. 😡
I understand that we live in a world of technology.
That we use our phones, lap tops, computers, tablets, notebooks,
for work, for family & friends, for school, for personal use.
And I get it that games and videos are a big part of "escaping & relaxing" these days.
HOWEVER, we have gotten addicted (yes, addicted) to the technology
and we cannot lay them down and walk away from them to do anything else,
or to have a CONVERSATION. :(
Taken from medical reports: "
(1)When a person gets addicted to their phone, he/she withdraws from social activities, reduces their food intake, and is unable to think positively. Some people think their cell phone is their friend.
(2) An addiction is when the thing you are addicted to begins to control your life and interferes with your daily activities, work, school, home responsibilities and relationships.
(3) When you are with a real life person sharing a conversation, a meal, or a cup of coffee, do you check your text messages? Facebook? This real person has taken time out of their life to be with you, and share real life time with you. By turning your attention away from them you are saying “You are not as important.” It’s a sickness that we are so addicted to our phones that we ignore the people we are with to hang out with virtual people over Facebook, Twitter, and text messages.
(4) You cannot go for 5 minutes without checking your phone. It’s the first thing you check in the morning and the last at night, and dominates most of your activities in-between.
Apart from work, I like being in touch with family & friends.
For the most part, I enjoy Facebook.
Love my website & genealogy.
I use my devices for news & weather.
But to lay it all down, spend time with someone,
have real conversation,
go for a long walk or drive in country,
or any other REAL LIFE interaction?
In a New York minute & not take my Texas time to do it!
I scored 32 on the test - being as honest as I could be. What is your score?
Are you a smartphone junkie?
Rate each item on a scale of 1 (“completely disagree”) to 7 (“strongly agree”)
and tally up your total score to find out.
1. I would feel uncomfortable without constant access to information through my smartphone.
2. I would be annoyed if I could not look information up on my smartphone when I wanted to do so.
3. Being unable to get the news (e.g., happenings, weather, etc.) on my smartphone would make me nervous.
4. I would be annoyed if I could not use my smartphone and/or its capabilities when I wanted to do so.
5. Running out of battery in my smartphone would scare me.
6. If I were to run out of credits or hit my monthly data limit, I would panic.
7. If I did not have a data signal or could not connect to Wi-Fi, then I would constantly check to see if I had a signal or could find a Wi-Fi network.
8. If I could not use my smartphone, I would be afraid of getting stranded somewhere.
9. If I could not check my smartphone for a while, I would feel a desire to check it.
If I did not have my smartphone with me ...
10. I would feel anxious because I could not instantly communicate with my family and/or friends.
11. I would be worried because my family and/or friends could not reach me.
12. I would feel nervous because I would not be able to receive text messages and calls.
13. I would be anxious because I could not keep in touch with my family and/or friends.
14. I would be nervous because I could not know if someone had tried to get a hold of me.
15. I would feel anxious because my constant connection to my family and friends would be broken.
16. I would be nervous because I would be disconnected from my online identity.
17. I would be uncomfortable because I could not stay up-to-date with social media and online networks.
18. I would feel awkward because I could not check my notifications for updates from my connections and online networks.
19. I would feel anxious because I could not check my email messages.
20. I would feel weird because I would not know what to do.
Why this page?
I wanted a place to share coffee thoughts & memes. I use Facebook & Twitter to do just that, however, I realize that many people are getting fed up with all the drama that is on either, and both. So many that were using those 2 social medias to stay in touch, have taken a step back - yet they still want to know thoughts that go thru this scattered widow's brain. If you are interested, here it is :) - - without the drama.