I am 61 years old.
I have been a widow for 7 years and 4 months, with 2 days over.
In just 11 days from today, I will celebrate the 8th year of our anniversary - alone. Will be 42 years since I said, "I DO".
We had 2 children - a daughter, and a son. Thru them, we have a daughter-in-love, and 4 "perfect" grandkids! Grandkids are all grown up now, no babies to snuggle. But oh how I love them all! Kids and grandkids. My heart. My life. My world.
You can see from the banner picture above that I have a "thing" for coffee!
I love coffee.
The smell. The taste. The anticipation of that first sip, with every cup.
I will drink coffee in the morning, or at night. As well as any time in the day.
Coffee cups are a passion to me. It's very difficult for me to pass up a coffee cup!
I enjoy reading.
At one time I was a very voracious reader. And occasionally I still am.
These days, as a widow, I find it more difficult to concentrate. If the book does not capture my attention in the first chapter? I'm pretty much done. Later in this section I share some of my favorite authors, and I will be sharing some of the books I have read - as well as what they have meant to me.
I enjoy a good movie, or TV show.
I do not own a TV presently, but I watch some of the older shows on different streaming services.
Pretty particular about my movies.
- romantic comedy. But it needs to have substance to it, a strong story line. I do not enjoy the highly sexual movies.
- dramas & life stories. Again, it needs to have substance to the plot. No rambling in the first 30 minutes or I am completely lost.
- Faith based movies. Amazing Grace. The War Room.
- western. Such as John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Glenn Ford . . . and others of the older set.
- classic movies. There are many on my "life list" to watch, either again, or many for the first time.
- I don't enjoy gory, blood and guts.
- I don't watch war movies.
- I don't enjoy the "dumb" movies. I'm sorry. I know a lot of people do enjoy those. About the extent of my "dumb-ness"? The Three Stooges. Now, Rick LOVED Blazing Saddles. I simply shake my head at the mention of it.
Genealogy is a passion of mine.
So is finding the meaning of names and words.
Love taking a long walk down a country road, or in a park.
Strolling thru cemeteries is something that I have always greatly enjoyed.
Taking a drive down a back country road, winding this way and that way. Finding a country store that serves ice cold drinks, and perhaps a bologna sandwich - nothing better!
I enjoy sewing and crafting. Mostly taking what people would call trash or junk, and turning those into something beautiful. Everything has a purpose - and a re-purpose.
Of course, writing, and working on my websites and blogs.
I love taking pictures. I do not consider myself a photographer. I simply enjoy taking pictures, and sharing them.
That's a snapshot of me - as I think of more, I will add it here.
The first time I was called "Sunshine" I was about 10 years old, walking out of the Sunday School room and I met our pastor in the hallway.