2. Feral camels once roamed the plains of Texas.
3. Thanks to a Winchester rifle, we know that Billy the Kid was not left handed.
4. The California Gold Rush of 1849 wasn't America's first gold rush. It wasn't even the second.
5. The famed gunfight at the O.K. Corral wasn't much of a shootout and didn't take place at the O.K. Corral.
6. The Long Branch Saloon of "Gunsmoke" fame really did exist in Dodge City - and still does. Sort of.
7. One of the pivotal Civil War battles was fought in an unlikely place: New Mexico.
8. Forget Jamestown. The oldest settlement in the United States is Acoma Pueblo.
9. The first film cowboy wasn't a cowboy at all.
10. Jesse James was larger than life - so much that his body required two graves.
hmmmmm...what you can find on the Internet! LOL