What is a Patriot?
I love this movie!
I know - it is "just a movie".
But it is a great historical movie.
And from what I have read, researched and studied - not far removed from historical facts.
I have been doing some research into what it means to be a "Patriot".
PATRIOT - a person who loves, supports and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.
A person who vigorously supports his or her country and its way of life.
"Patriots" is a name that is often used to describe the early American colonists.
Those that rebelled against the English government.
They represented an array of social, economic, ethnic and racial backgrounds.
The "Oxford English Dictionary" has this definition of a "Patriot" ...
"A person actively opposing enemy forces occupying his or her country; a member of a resistance movement, a freedom fighter."
In Britian 1773 "patriot" had a negative connotation.
(And to many it does today as well.)
A "Patriot" for America was first a "traitor" to England ...
There are many enemies of life and liberty - both foreign and domestic.
Those enemies that attack from without, and those that attack from within.
May God grant us the eyes to see and the ears to hear all attacks!!!
May God grant us the courage to stand up and be PATRIOTS for America!!!
1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
2. "Those who trade liberty for security have neither."
~ John Adams
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety.
No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?
15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves to the government, criminals, and street gangs.
17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
"I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of."
Why "Stay the Course"?
What does it mean to "Stay the Course"?