Born Margaret Lee Lunsford.
May 3, 1961
@ Sulphur Springs, TX, Hopkins County, USA
To parents, B.N. Lunsford & Pauline Rosie Greer Lunsford.
With siblings: Mary Ellen (Joslin), Gilbert Neal Lunsford, Billy Norris Lunsford, Bettie Sue (Stacks).
Married to become Mrs. Rick McCoy.
September 5, 1980
@ Richland Baptist Church, Brinker Community, Sulphur Springs, TX, Hopkins County, USA
2 children born to Rick & Margaret:
Now a widow - Margaret McCoy
- since April 23, 2015.
Life didn't turn out like I had dreamed it would, nor like I had planned for it to.
Rick and I were supposed to grow old together.
Instead, here I am - growing older alone, without my Sweetheart ... while he will forever remain 55.
I am a blessed woman - knowing that I was Rick's true and only love, knowing that I was his "Megan", his "Meg", his "Sunny".
I am blessed with 2 wonderful kids
- who although they do not always agree, nor understand their Momma
- they love me with a passion.
I am also blessed with 4 "perfect" grandkids.
- Smart and kind.
- Filled with compassion and understanding far beyond their years.
I am blessed with extended family.
And blessed with friends around the globe.
So, although life didn't turn out the way I thought it would
- I must say, it is a good life, and I am a blessed woman.
The day that Rick died, I promised to breathe in and breathe out
- to press forward, never giving up, never quitting.
To learn this life, to live this life.
It has proven to be the most difficult promise to keep
- thru the long and dark nights,
- in the times when I miss arms around me holding me tight.
But - I stand firm in the promise made.
And I will continue to breathe.
I have a love and growing fascination with genealogy.
I put it aside for many years while being Rick's full time caregiver.
And once he died, I honestly cared nothing to get back to my "roots".
But as I am learning to live with the grief
- I find that the passion to dig, to find my roots, as well as my wings, is still there.
I know that this is not just for me.
I hope that one day my children and grandchildren will come across this information and cherish it.
That they will see where they have come from
- and in some small way that it will guide them to where they should go.
I am looking forward to finding these hidden treasures of my roots
Hopefully will meet some new family members along the way.
And will join forces with others who have a like passion
- so that friendships will be formed and they will stretch and grow far beyond the lines of genealogy.
If you have any ideas or suggestions for these pages
- please, do not hesitate to contact me.
If you have information that can be added to our tree, Memories & Moments, please share.
Here I am again -
Just a thought or 2
Roots run deep and wide around here
Website designed & developed by Margaret McCoy
God is God over the storms in my life & world -
and I am His.
Trusting in Him. Holding to His Promises as He holds me.
Learning to laugh, to love, & to live ... again - without Rick, but with God
Life goes on ... even when we don't want it to.
Great grief is indicative of a great Love.
Rick, my Sweetheart.
Margaret, his Beloved.
Always & Forever.